twoodcc
Dec 10, 11:27 AM
Ohhh, nice. 922s are nice for medium sized builds...
yeah it was on sale, so i went ahead and got it. i'm on a budget these days. but still an upgrade from my previous case.
so i got it on, and the cooler as well. so far not that great. running at 3.7 ghz, the temps are in the low 80's C. not good. we'll see how it goes
yeah it was on sale, so i went ahead and got it. i'm on a budget these days. but still an upgrade from my previous case.
so i got it on, and the cooler as well. so far not that great. running at 3.7 ghz, the temps are in the low 80's C. not good. we'll see how it goes
chuckles:)
Oct 10, 09:39 PM
yawn.
johndallas999
Apr 25, 01:34 PM
I don't get the fascination with a marginal bigger screen, if I need a bigger screen I get my iPad.
It's just a preference thing. I don't think it's the way everyone feels but that's like saying, I don't understand why people think 3.5" screen is plenty. People have different tastes/opinions. I would certainly prefer a larger screen if the phone size can be kept the same size.
It's just a preference thing. I don't think it's the way everyone feels but that's like saying, I don't understand why people think 3.5" screen is plenty. People have different tastes/opinions. I would certainly prefer a larger screen if the phone size can be kept the same size.
zedsdead
Apr 15, 12:58 PM
It's fake. If Apple chooses to use the ipads design with the next iPhone, then it will have the plastic black bar like the 3G version. The apple logo is not enough for all the antenea, just the wi-fi probably.
relativist
Apr 9, 05:25 PM
I checked next weeks circular on slickdeals.net and no mention of iPad2. I'm starting to think it would be better to buy it anywhere else. From what I remember it took about 2-3 months at most after the iPad 1 was announced that it became readily available.
WeegieMac
Mar 18, 04:40 PM
This is what I "love" about MacRumors, it's the only Apple fansite where Apple fans, rightly proud of their products, can log on and be TOLD what their opinions should be by rabid fans of other devices, who in turn use the fanboy card to back up their point of view, therefore rendering any reply by an Apple user pointless.
The Android fans are as bad, if not in fact worse, than the iPhone fans on here. The very notion you come to an Apple site to stress your point of view and borderline enforce it to the point of it being accepted as fact, proves as much.
The Android fans are as bad, if not in fact worse, than the iPhone fans on here. The very notion you come to an Apple site to stress your point of view and borderline enforce it to the point of it being accepted as fact, proves as much.
iJohnHenry
Apr 16, 05:17 PM
Make more sense. This sentence of yours makes none.
Even a Merriam-Webster is of no value to me, if we don't agree on which word we should use to encapsulate you.
I might have better luck with the Urban Dictionary (www.urbandictionary.com).
Even a Merriam-Webster is of no value to me, if we don't agree on which word we should use to encapsulate you.
I might have better luck with the Urban Dictionary (www.urbandictionary.com).
Mammoth
Oct 3, 08:40 PM
I'm dreaming for 2 'iPhones'
RAZR Killer: $149, ultra slim. iTunes, iCal, iChat, .Mac, Address Book, Mail, Mobile iWeb, Bluetooth. 2GB flash storage. 2MP camera.
Treo/Blackberry Killer: $299, Treo-like form, full QWERTY, same apps as RAZR killer + 4GB flash storage. 3MP camera.
And of course iTV, Merom updates, and a true video iPod.
RAZR Killer: $149, ultra slim. iTunes, iCal, iChat, .Mac, Address Book, Mail, Mobile iWeb, Bluetooth. 2GB flash storage. 2MP camera.
Treo/Blackberry Killer: $299, Treo-like form, full QWERTY, same apps as RAZR killer + 4GB flash storage. 3MP camera.
And of course iTV, Merom updates, and a true video iPod.

Prom1
Sep 8, 12:30 PM
So much complaints about Kanye West.
If you've never listened to different artists in the HipHop/Rap world since 1979; you shouldnt comment about a) attitude of a performer (on stage) b) whether or not their performance was appropriate for a musical announcement of a product or service.
b) is just self explanatory! Musical engagement that announces big artist contractual aggreements of their wares for sale on the iTMS service. Also announcing products that has worldwide appeal to all walks of people and their choices of music!
a) Hip-Hop arrived in the 1990's, but Rap was around since 1979 (just before RUNDMC) - as a pure content not mixed with funk (Whodini).
RAP - is a definition of a lifestyle, highly competive, never succumbing to your competition, and always making moves. Somebody mentioned that the audience didnt appreciate nor is West's listenership; of course but them being shocked is mostly at the cursing; which has been around in music since day one - Rap included but not alone.
I've passed by Lawyers, Doctors, even a Judge (I know because as a youth I got schooled by her) listening to Kanye West, LL Cool J, Queen Latifah. Why? Because it gives them a motivative sense of power, a sense of "I'm above the rest" that most other genre's of music doesnt provide. Rock N Roll comes really close, but from what I've heard, I cannot pick 10 artists/groups in all their albums that brings it like Rap/Hip-Hop.
Apple has been, well fighting the power since day one! Most people forget that. Think Different may not be Apple's slogan anymore, but its still part of their existence. They dont follow the status quo.
I enjoyed the first GarageBand announcement, even though I dont prefer the music of god I forgot his name. Still all music artists are creative; except those 1 hit wonders.
If you've never listened to different artists in the HipHop/Rap world since 1979; you shouldnt comment about a) attitude of a performer (on stage) b) whether or not their performance was appropriate for a musical announcement of a product or service.
b) is just self explanatory! Musical engagement that announces big artist contractual aggreements of their wares for sale on the iTMS service. Also announcing products that has worldwide appeal to all walks of people and their choices of music!
a) Hip-Hop arrived in the 1990's, but Rap was around since 1979 (just before RUNDMC) - as a pure content not mixed with funk (Whodini).
RAP - is a definition of a lifestyle, highly competive, never succumbing to your competition, and always making moves. Somebody mentioned that the audience didnt appreciate nor is West's listenership; of course but them being shocked is mostly at the cursing; which has been around in music since day one - Rap included but not alone.
I've passed by Lawyers, Doctors, even a Judge (I know because as a youth I got schooled by her) listening to Kanye West, LL Cool J, Queen Latifah. Why? Because it gives them a motivative sense of power, a sense of "I'm above the rest" that most other genre's of music doesnt provide. Rock N Roll comes really close, but from what I've heard, I cannot pick 10 artists/groups in all their albums that brings it like Rap/Hip-Hop.
Apple has been, well fighting the power since day one! Most people forget that. Think Different may not be Apple's slogan anymore, but its still part of their existence. They dont follow the status quo.
I enjoyed the first GarageBand announcement, even though I dont prefer the music of god I forgot his name. Still all music artists are creative; except those 1 hit wonders.
darh
Sep 12, 08:30 AM
http://www.apple.com/de/quicktime/win.html
bottom left of page
ow plz everyone, read the thread!:(
bottom left of page
ow plz everyone, read the thread!:(
maflynn
Apr 13, 06:24 AM
It has always been the same with the mac. Just go to the finder and look for shared computers.
OR
Taskbar: 'Go To Server/Computer'
OR
ssh/ftp > prostuff-not required
I know and either the OSX is able to connect to the windows PC or gives me errors when I try to access the folder. doing this in windows works fine. I used to use Thursby DAVE for my networking needs in OSX before apple started to provide a more robust (though problematic) set of networking tools. When I used that app, I had little problems having OSX access window's files.
Report bugs. Are you comparing b/w OSX <-> Windows and Windows <-> Windows?
I am comparing OSX to Windows vs. Windows to Windows because 99% of my networking needs is accessing files on a windows machine, whether its on a home pc, or an enterprise server, or workstation. I'm not sure what bugs I could report to apple, other then stating its slow.
You are confusing stuff.
I don't think so, perhaps my post was not worded as clearly as it could have been. My point was that networking with windows to windows is easier and windows has an advantage there. given that the companies I've dealt with, they're mostly a windows shop. My point there then is using windows to access the resources is easier, faster and has less headaches.
OR
Taskbar: 'Go To Server/Computer'
OR
ssh/ftp > prostuff-not required
I know and either the OSX is able to connect to the windows PC or gives me errors when I try to access the folder. doing this in windows works fine. I used to use Thursby DAVE for my networking needs in OSX before apple started to provide a more robust (though problematic) set of networking tools. When I used that app, I had little problems having OSX access window's files.
Report bugs. Are you comparing b/w OSX <-> Windows and Windows <-> Windows?
I am comparing OSX to Windows vs. Windows to Windows because 99% of my networking needs is accessing files on a windows machine, whether its on a home pc, or an enterprise server, or workstation. I'm not sure what bugs I could report to apple, other then stating its slow.
You are confusing stuff.
I don't think so, perhaps my post was not worded as clearly as it could have been. My point was that networking with windows to windows is easier and windows has an advantage there. given that the companies I've dealt with, they're mostly a windows shop. My point there then is using windows to access the resources is easier, faster and has less headaches.

miles01110
Apr 21, 01:30 PM
Exactly rdowns & miles01110. If people can't even adequately vote on a news post, how can we expect this to add any value?
Part of the issue is what defines "adequately voting"? The voting system on the front page is entirely subjective and- in my opinion- adds nothing to the appeal or disappeal of the story. Same for individual posts.
Part of the issue is what defines "adequately voting"? The voting system on the front page is entirely subjective and- in my opinion- adds nothing to the appeal or disappeal of the story. Same for individual posts.
MorphingDragon
May 4, 03:56 AM
Just like communism
Just like Communism my arse.
This is why I don't do phone contracts. PrePay may not be as cheap in the long run but it lets you be agile with your mobile provider and they can't pull !@#$ like this as often. Currently with 2Degrees, cant see myself moving anytime soon. Work pays me $20/month for credit so I'm happy.
Just like Communism my arse.
This is why I don't do phone contracts. PrePay may not be as cheap in the long run but it lets you be agile with your mobile provider and they can't pull !@#$ like this as often. Currently with 2Degrees, cant see myself moving anytime soon. Work pays me $20/month for credit so I'm happy.
kalsta
Apr 30, 12:40 AM
Thanks for the feedback on the preferences for the scrollbars, folks...I removed it from the article.
You should have made mention of the edit in the actual article. I thought many of the early commenters were making things up until I realised they were just commenting on something from your original post.
You should have made mention of the edit in the actual article. I thought many of the early commenters were making things up until I realised they were just commenting on something from your original post.
tvguru
Sep 12, 07:27 AM
I can't imagine why Apple would have an event like this if there was going to be only Disney content available.
Could be another speaker perhaps. :p
Could be another speaker perhaps. :p
Reach
Jan 12, 02:03 PM
Just stupid.. I sure wouldn't invite them to my expo, but kids will be kids I guess..
MacRumors
Oct 3, 12:15 PM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)
Coming as little surprise to veteran Apple watchers, IDG World Expo announced on Tuesday that Apple CEO Steve Jobs would deliver the opening keynote address (http://www.macworld.com/news/2006/10/03/jobs/index.php) at Macworld Expo San Francisco. The expo will be held at San Francisco's Moscone Convention Center from January 8-12, with the keynote on Tuesday January 9th at 9 am Pacific at Moscone West.
Last year's keynote brought software updates including iLife (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/01/20060110141828.shtml) and iWork (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/01/20060110142618.shtml) 06 and Mac OS X 10.4.4 (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/01/20060110180240.shtml). Also, the first Intel Macs were announced 6 months early in the form of the iMac (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/01/20060110142730.shtml) and MacBook Pro (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/01/20060110142811.shtml).
While still early, this year's expectations have already begun to gain steam, with obvious expectations of iLife (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/08/20060802125923.shtml) and iWork (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/07/20060717122553.shtml) updates as well as the formal launch of the "iTV". Also possible is Apple's long-awaited phone and similarly long-awaited "true" video iPod, although both products have seen several setbacks. Lastly, with OS 10.5 Leopard's release around the corner, Jobs will undoubtedly take the opportunity to highlight some already announced (and perhaps some remaining "top-secret") features of the new operating system.
Digg This (http://digg.com/apple/Steve_Jobs_To_Keynote_Macworld_San_Francisco_2007)
Coming as little surprise to veteran Apple watchers, IDG World Expo announced on Tuesday that Apple CEO Steve Jobs would deliver the opening keynote address (http://www.macworld.com/news/2006/10/03/jobs/index.php) at Macworld Expo San Francisco. The expo will be held at San Francisco's Moscone Convention Center from January 8-12, with the keynote on Tuesday January 9th at 9 am Pacific at Moscone West.
Last year's keynote brought software updates including iLife (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/01/20060110141828.shtml) and iWork (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/01/20060110142618.shtml) 06 and Mac OS X 10.4.4 (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/01/20060110180240.shtml). Also, the first Intel Macs were announced 6 months early in the form of the iMac (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/01/20060110142730.shtml) and MacBook Pro (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/01/20060110142811.shtml).
While still early, this year's expectations have already begun to gain steam, with obvious expectations of iLife (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/08/20060802125923.shtml) and iWork (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/07/20060717122553.shtml) updates as well as the formal launch of the "iTV". Also possible is Apple's long-awaited phone and similarly long-awaited "true" video iPod, although both products have seen several setbacks. Lastly, with OS 10.5 Leopard's release around the corner, Jobs will undoubtedly take the opportunity to highlight some already announced (and perhaps some remaining "top-secret") features of the new operating system.
Digg This (http://digg.com/apple/Steve_Jobs_To_Keynote_Macworld_San_Francisco_2007)
Clive At Five
Oct 3, 12:55 PM
Here are my predictions (hold on to your pocket-protectors):
Steve will enter the stage, the crowd will go wild, and he'll work on quieting them with lines such as, "I'd like to get started; we have a lot of great products I'd like to show you..." He'll proceed to talk about iTunes, the iPod, the iTS, so on and so forth, talk about OS X's user base, maybe touch on Leopard. He'll release TelePort (iTV), iWork & iLife as is expected, and finally, after he's done with the usual rambling about how great Apple is, he'll say "We've talked about some great products. We've talked about Mac OS X, we've talked about how to bring iTunes content into your living room... but I wanna talk about one more thing..." and dazzle us with an update to .Mac .
We'll all proceed to connect to MacRumors and complain about how ****** stupid Apple is, yet continue buy every new release of anything they've ever produced.
You know it's true. ;)
Okay, really? TelePort, iWork, iLife, and either the true Video iPod or the PhonePod but not both. If they haven't been updated before the x-mas buying season, MPBs.
-Clive
[Edit:] Fixed spelling and grammar errors. Made myself look good. No content was changed.
Steve will enter the stage, the crowd will go wild, and he'll work on quieting them with lines such as, "I'd like to get started; we have a lot of great products I'd like to show you..." He'll proceed to talk about iTunes, the iPod, the iTS, so on and so forth, talk about OS X's user base, maybe touch on Leopard. He'll release TelePort (iTV), iWork & iLife as is expected, and finally, after he's done with the usual rambling about how great Apple is, he'll say "We've talked about some great products. We've talked about Mac OS X, we've talked about how to bring iTunes content into your living room... but I wanna talk about one more thing..." and dazzle us with an update to .Mac .
We'll all proceed to connect to MacRumors and complain about how ****** stupid Apple is, yet continue buy every new release of anything they've ever produced.
You know it's true. ;)
Okay, really? TelePort, iWork, iLife, and either the true Video iPod or the PhonePod but not both. If they haven't been updated before the x-mas buying season, MPBs.
-Clive
[Edit:] Fixed spelling and grammar errors. Made myself look good. No content was changed.
stridemat
Apr 21, 01:21 PM
I can see it being more of a hinderance in the main news threads, however for the question threads in the main forum it could be beneficial to highlight the most 'popular' answer.
faroZ06
Apr 8, 02:16 PM
I told you the rumor was false. The other article had a really cheapo source...
crazydreaming
Aug 7, 05:48 PM
The new educational pricing of the 23" makes it $899 now. That makes it much closer to the dell 24" price. Somewhere in the future (most likely far :p ) I want to buy a big display to go with my powerbook and use with my photography. I thought that display would be the 24" dell because the cinema was way more $$. However now, it's a much closer competition...
timerollson
Apr 13, 02:54 PM
Asstel: When you just got's ta get that booty...
Reminds of that commercial for "Aciphex" (pronounced ASS EFFECTS).
Reminds of that commercial for "Aciphex" (pronounced ASS EFFECTS).
Hovey
Jul 21, 03:16 PM
Apple Apple Apple... or should I say Steve Steve Steve...
What you are doing right now is what a psychologist would call "diverting." You are simply trying to take away the focus of your own iPhone 4's faults and place everyone's attention on other brands that we do not care about. You admitted you screwed up (congratulations, that is a great first step). Now it is time to take another baby step and fix the problem... your problem... the iPhone 4.
If this is the case then everyone should be complaining to every single cell phone manufacturer and demand a recall from them too. I don't hear or see that, though.
What you are doing right now is what a psychologist would call "diverting." You are simply trying to take away the focus of your own iPhone 4's faults and place everyone's attention on other brands that we do not care about. You admitted you screwed up (congratulations, that is a great first step). Now it is time to take another baby step and fix the problem... your problem... the iPhone 4.
If this is the case then everyone should be complaining to every single cell phone manufacturer and demand a recall from them too. I don't hear or see that, though.
samcraig
May 2, 12:28 PM
Well I find it funny that people are actually defending something Apple admitted to being a bug. Intentional or not - Location Services was supposed to be user selectable.
That's no conspiracy theory. It's a simple concept that doesn't need Apple to educate anyone on. Even toddlers grasp the concept of on and off.
I also, personally, don't like being talked down to by Jobs/Apple whenever they have a press conference. The whole angle of "oh.. it's our fault for not educating the consumer" is PR crap and deflection.
"It Just Works".... unless it's the location services switch. Whoops ;)
That's no conspiracy theory. It's a simple concept that doesn't need Apple to educate anyone on. Even toddlers grasp the concept of on and off.
I also, personally, don't like being talked down to by Jobs/Apple whenever they have a press conference. The whole angle of "oh.. it's our fault for not educating the consumer" is PR crap and deflection.
"It Just Works".... unless it's the location services switch. Whoops ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment