tvguru
Sep 12, 08:30 AM
if there are new product announcements as everyone believes to be the case, the store will have to be updated as well as the iTunes store.
does anyone remember how long the apple store's down prior to new products being listed?
If I remember correctly about an hour before showtime. Hey cool I made a pun.
does anyone remember how long the apple store's down prior to new products being listed?
If I remember correctly about an hour before showtime. Hey cool I made a pun.
Cougarcat
Apr 29, 05:22 PM
Preferred the iOS style scroll bars. Having the thin bar inside the right side gutter looks very odd.
I agree Somehow I don't think it'll look like that in the final version, as the gutter appearance is clearly designed for the older aqua scrollbar.
I agree Somehow I don't think it'll look like that in the final version, as the gutter appearance is clearly designed for the older aqua scrollbar.
likemyorbs
Apr 15, 03:16 PM
It bothers me a little when gay suffrage is pitted against something like slavery. Just not the same, IMO.
Gay suffrage? Wow i never knew gays were denied the right to vote! :eek:
Gay suffrage? Wow i never knew gays were denied the right to vote! :eek:
Dreamo84
Mar 19, 12:02 AM
I just got my iPhone 4 on Verizon, and I mentioned it to a guy at work. Just you know, I was excited mentioned I got it. First thing he says "iPhone sucks, Droid is way better."
People are idiots, I could have been happy with a Droid but I made my choice. I dont know why people gotta take it so personal.
People are idiots, I could have been happy with a Droid but I made my choice. I dont know why people gotta take it so personal.
SciFrog
Apr 3, 07:15 PM
Looks like your production has started again, great. Also Designed is back after a little hiatus, and Lizardking has crunched a bigadv again after a long pause too, and Whiterabbit production is as high as ever. We could be raking in some serious numbers this week :eek:
If Apple release 12 cores, I might splurge if the team is cranking too!
If Apple release 12 cores, I might splurge if the team is cranking too!
Warbrain
Sep 12, 08:30 AM
If not today, we could see an MB/MBP update sometime after Sep 16th when the free ipod nano promo expires. That's my best guess, but even i am hoping desperately for the update to happen today!
Probably not. We might see an updated iPod nano after the rebate is over if we don't see it today, but not an updated portable line. That'll come later down the road.
Probably not. We might see an updated iPod nano after the rebate is over if we don't see it today, but not an updated portable line. That'll come later down the road.
bluewire
Mar 23, 05:26 PM
bump...TELL US WHAT HAPPENED! CSI: Mac Rumors! :confused:
Eraserhead
May 7, 02:47 AM
Not sure what's medically relevant about owning or not owning a gun, but still, why penalize a doctor for asking and not, say, a teacher, clergyman, mechanic, dry cleaner, etc.? It doesn't make any sense.
Because guns are dangerous, and people who are mentally unstable shouldn't be allowed to have them.
Exactly the same applies to driving.
Because guns are dangerous, and people who are mentally unstable shouldn't be allowed to have them.
Exactly the same applies to driving.
paul4339
May 3, 11:35 PM
Agreed, and it is the big long-term mistake Android marketers are making. When you appeal to young males in your ads, while repelling everyone else, you limit your product's long-term appeal. Gadget blogs don't see the problem because they are mostly young males.
Apple ads appeal to everyone the way traditional Coke or McDonalds ads did and often still do.
Agree. And it's in the interest of the phone/tablet makers to promote their own hardware (and not just the OS), because promoting the OS also helps their Android competitors ... Samsung competes with HTC, Motorola as well as Apple.
That one thing that I don't see is Google sponsored Android commercials... they are not promoting their own product like MS did with Windows and are leaving each hardware manufacturer to make up their own image. All of this gives the average consumer a confusing, scattered message of the Android OS.
Apple ads appeal to everyone the way traditional Coke or McDonalds ads did and often still do.
Agree. And it's in the interest of the phone/tablet makers to promote their own hardware (and not just the OS), because promoting the OS also helps their Android competitors ... Samsung competes with HTC, Motorola as well as Apple.
That one thing that I don't see is Google sponsored Android commercials... they are not promoting their own product like MS did with Windows and are leaving each hardware manufacturer to make up their own image. All of this gives the average consumer a confusing, scattered message of the Android OS.
twoodcc
May 3, 11:03 AM
I've finally got it folding, took a while cuz I didn't have the bios set to boot from USB-cdrom, that USB part is important :o also I tried Ubuntu 10.4 but there is a problem with folding and libc on 10.4 so I tried a copy of 8.04 that I had and it didn't want to install. I finally had to download 9.10 and after getting it installed, folding on it and configured; it works:D woo hoo! It's always something when I install Linux but I usually figure it out after a while...
I trid to go to 4Ghz but I must not have set something right and it didn't work so I went back to stock 3.33, it folded the first frame in 27 minutes which is exactly what my mac pro does: for less than half the cost. I then set it to 3.6 Ghz and it seems to be stable without upping the voltage. I hope it can do a frame in 25 minutes :p I'm waiting to see...
oh wow. yeah i had the same problem with 10.4 - i also had to run 9.10.
yeah you'd have to change the voltages to get it to work at 4.0 ghz. but 3.6 should be good (i think)
Great you have it working now and hopefully it will stay up a week.
I had a power outage that I didn't know about and didn't check all of my machines for a day, oh well it's only 20 or 30 thousand points :rolleyes:
edit: added pics

has beaten quot;Dawson Creekquot;

dawson#39;s creek. best crying

Der Beek (Dawson#39;s Creek)

Der Beek (Dawson#39;s Creek)

Dawson#39;s Creek - True Love -

first Dawson#39;s Creek alum

hugging - Dawson#39;s Creek

Dawson#39;s Creek - 3x23- Pacey o

Dawson#39;s Creek video featuring Pacey and Joey. Song quot;Runquot; by Snow Patrol. www.community.livejournal.com/crazydcfangirls www.geocities.com/crazydcfangirls.
I trid to go to 4Ghz but I must not have set something right and it didn't work so I went back to stock 3.33, it folded the first frame in 27 minutes which is exactly what my mac pro does: for less than half the cost. I then set it to 3.6 Ghz and it seems to be stable without upping the voltage. I hope it can do a frame in 25 minutes :p I'm waiting to see...
oh wow. yeah i had the same problem with 10.4 - i also had to run 9.10.
yeah you'd have to change the voltages to get it to work at 4.0 ghz. but 3.6 should be good (i think)
Great you have it working now and hopefully it will stay up a week.
I had a power outage that I didn't know about and didn't check all of my machines for a day, oh well it's only 20 or 30 thousand points :rolleyes:
edit: added pics
evilbert420
Oct 20, 09:32 AM
When will we see these numbers broken out into business/enterprise vs. consumer?
Seriously, Apple is pretty much a non-factor in the enterprise. There simply is no integration, no large-scale server application use other than web, and few enterprise-ready applications. There's no Biztalk/Websphere/SQL/Oracle running on Apple outside of a few educational institutions. Microsoft and IBM own the enterprise and considering Apple in an enterprise outside of some limited marketing/advertising/media/audio verticals is absurd. I personally deal with 130 companies that have 500-250k computers and Apple is simply not a factor at all.
However, in the consumer world it's a very different story. Apple has the potential to continue making huge inroads into the consumer/home user/SOHO segments where the lack of enterprise applications means little if anything.
I'd like to see the numbers of how Apple compares in the home segment rather than just the overall. Why can't we see this broken out?
Seriously, Apple is pretty much a non-factor in the enterprise. There simply is no integration, no large-scale server application use other than web, and few enterprise-ready applications. There's no Biztalk/Websphere/SQL/Oracle running on Apple outside of a few educational institutions. Microsoft and IBM own the enterprise and considering Apple in an enterprise outside of some limited marketing/advertising/media/audio verticals is absurd. I personally deal with 130 companies that have 500-250k computers and Apple is simply not a factor at all.
However, in the consumer world it's a very different story. Apple has the potential to continue making huge inroads into the consumer/home user/SOHO segments where the lack of enterprise applications means little if anything.
I'd like to see the numbers of how Apple compares in the home segment rather than just the overall. Why can't we see this broken out?
KnightWRX
Apr 27, 06:53 PM
everybody is giving his point of view about why or why not Pro developers should help new ones.)
No one has given a point of view about that. You quite misunderstand what everyone is saying.
As for your code, you still have not really given us a clear indication of at what stage you are now and what isn't working. Now we know you want to do a sort of count down timer. I'm guessing you're trying to make a cooking timer kind of app since you said you were a pastry chef and that was what your first app was based on. Is this correct ? (<-- not a quiz question).
Now, what is not working ? Is the timer getting created ? Is it calling the method identified by the target and selector attributes when the interval you specified ends ? Is it repeating or not repeating (depending on how you set the repeat parameter on it) ?
When a timer repeats, it will simply call back the selector in the target specified.
Does your button that "cancels" it call your cancel method ? What have you done to check this ?
With the little code you posted, and since you haven't provided screenshots of your associations in Interface Builder, these are all pending questions we have that are preventing us from helping you thoroughly. This is not a quiz, these are things we need to know to help you.
So, self refers to my controller.. interesting.
No, self refers to the instance of the object that is executing the currently running code. It is highly context dependant.
Inside a method of your view controller, yes, self refers to your view controller. Inside a method in your view object, self refers to the view object. Inside the NSTimer object, self refers to the NSTimer.
No one has given a point of view about that. You quite misunderstand what everyone is saying.
As for your code, you still have not really given us a clear indication of at what stage you are now and what isn't working. Now we know you want to do a sort of count down timer. I'm guessing you're trying to make a cooking timer kind of app since you said you were a pastry chef and that was what your first app was based on. Is this correct ? (<-- not a quiz question).
Now, what is not working ? Is the timer getting created ? Is it calling the method identified by the target and selector attributes when the interval you specified ends ? Is it repeating or not repeating (depending on how you set the repeat parameter on it) ?
When a timer repeats, it will simply call back the selector in the target specified.
Does your button that "cancels" it call your cancel method ? What have you done to check this ?
With the little code you posted, and since you haven't provided screenshots of your associations in Interface Builder, these are all pending questions we have that are preventing us from helping you thoroughly. This is not a quiz, these are things we need to know to help you.
So, self refers to my controller.. interesting.
No, self refers to the instance of the object that is executing the currently running code. It is highly context dependant.
Inside a method of your view controller, yes, self refers to your view controller. Inside a method in your view object, self refers to the view object. Inside the NSTimer object, self refers to the NSTimer.
cal6n
Jan 15, 01:23 PM
iPhone and Touch: Stay jailbroken.
MBA: Sexy but no use to me.
The rest: Meh...
MBA: Sexy but no use to me.
The rest: Meh...
skunk
Apr 21, 12:07 PM
It may be that the backend has a different value stored than what displayed in your cached version. Honestly I know about as much of the system as you do. I haven't seen that behavior exhibited but I do thank you for bringing it up so that it can be looked into.I clicked on a post rated 0 and it went to -2. I clicked on another post rated 0, and it went to -2. I clicked - again and it went to -1.
akadmon
Nov 23, 11:31 PM
Alright! Looks like I'm getting up early tomorrow, like around 10 ;)
phineas
Oct 7, 09:17 AM
Too bad that Map is a load of BS... I live in Coral Springs FL, just north of Ft Lauderdale... Verizons map says there is 3g coverage there... In my house and anywhere around my house i get 1 bar.... 1 lowzy bar!!! I switched back to AT&T and whoa, 5 bars, full signal, all the time! I don't understand why people bitch about AT&T... No phone company is any better... They all suck... Pull your panties up and move on...
I dare say that different technology's i.e. GSM vs CDMA could also be the problem in your area.
When I had Verizon, the worse and only problem was with a Razor the tech was an idiot........... Other than that very very stable network, cannot say that for AT&T
I dare say that different technology's i.e. GSM vs CDMA could also be the problem in your area.
When I had Verizon, the worse and only problem was with a Razor the tech was an idiot........... Other than that very very stable network, cannot say that for AT&T
Kilamite
Apr 21, 11:29 AM
I like this.
I'd prefer the vote buttons to be on the left, so they are more obvious, and maybe colours to go with the votes (i.e. green for Up red for Down).
I'd prefer the vote buttons to be on the left, so they are more obvious, and maybe colours to go with the votes (i.e. green for Up red for Down).
geenosr
Sep 28, 02:52 PM
Did anybody see an ATT cell tower on his property so SJ can use his iPhone with enough signal strength?
The windows joke was a good one!
The windows joke was a good one!
TheMacBookPro
Mar 18, 09:01 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; U; CPU OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)
Thats some pretty narrow minded thinking there buddy.
Not your buddy, tyvm.
I'm just posting about some harassment I've been experiencing because of the phone I've purchased and was wondering if other iPhone owners have experienced it, and by judging from the responses a lot have.
You should've searched before creating a new thread. This forum gets one of these 'omg what's wrong with people who prefer their own phone' and 'the iPhone is the best WTF is wrong with android users' every few days.
I already feel great about my purchase, and I haven't been here long enough to know if the users are fanboys. Judging from the responses I'd say these guys seem pretty fair. Pretty judgemental and silly post in my opinion.
Because they're agreeing with you (surprise, surprise). I'd say people are fair too if they blindly agreed to everything I say.
And my post is silly? Pot, kettle if I ever seen it ;)
I couldn't exactly call myself an Apple 'fanboy' either. If HTC made a better phone I'd gladly go pick it up, but I'm simply posting my experiences.
Fair enough. Most people on here refuse to think that anyone other than Apple can make a good phone.
Just curious now- what HTC phone was your friend using to play angry birds @2fps? I had no idea that HTC made a worse android phone (compared to the original G1).
Thats some pretty narrow minded thinking there buddy.
Not your buddy, tyvm.
I'm just posting about some harassment I've been experiencing because of the phone I've purchased and was wondering if other iPhone owners have experienced it, and by judging from the responses a lot have.
You should've searched before creating a new thread. This forum gets one of these 'omg what's wrong with people who prefer their own phone' and 'the iPhone is the best WTF is wrong with android users' every few days.
I already feel great about my purchase, and I haven't been here long enough to know if the users are fanboys. Judging from the responses I'd say these guys seem pretty fair. Pretty judgemental and silly post in my opinion.
Because they're agreeing with you (surprise, surprise). I'd say people are fair too if they blindly agreed to everything I say.
And my post is silly? Pot, kettle if I ever seen it ;)
I couldn't exactly call myself an Apple 'fanboy' either. If HTC made a better phone I'd gladly go pick it up, but I'm simply posting my experiences.
Fair enough. Most people on here refuse to think that anyone other than Apple can make a good phone.
Just curious now- what HTC phone was your friend using to play angry birds @2fps? I had no idea that HTC made a worse android phone (compared to the original G1).
geoffism
Jan 9, 10:59 AM
My needs are basic and selfish:
iPhone - 3G and 16g
MacBook Pro - bump (highly unlikely) and only cause I'm in the market.
Mac Pro - nothing. It sounds perfect and has only complicated my purchase consideration. Mac Pro vs MacBook Pro. Hmmmm....
iPhone - 3G and 16g
MacBook Pro - bump (highly unlikely) and only cause I'm in the market.
Mac Pro - nothing. It sounds perfect and has only complicated my purchase consideration. Mac Pro vs MacBook Pro. Hmmmm....
vincenz
Mar 17, 05:50 PM
Maybe it's the people you hang out with ;)
Next time, don't tell anyone the price you paid for it.
Next time, don't tell anyone the price you paid for it.
yellow
Apr 11, 01:47 PM
I purchased a stay at this Castle. I hope the wife likes it.
What are you doing with a camera shot of my servant's quarters? :confused:
What are you doing with a camera shot of my servant's quarters? :confused:
Spanky Deluxe
Nov 16, 12:50 PM
Not. Going. To. Happen.
bassfingers
Apr 23, 01:11 PM
Well, ours is not much better. We just never get anything for it. At least the French do.
Oh wait. Sorry- corporations and big oil have gotten quite a bit of money out of it.
awwws are you jealous?
Oh wait. Sorry- corporations and big oil have gotten quite a bit of money out of it.
awwws are you jealous?
No comments:
Post a Comment