�algiris
Mar 25, 02:56 AM
Ridiculous? I defy you to name one thing (http://arstechnica.com/apple/reviews/2003/04/finder.ars) that Apple has fixed in the single-worst, most user-hostile app ever written for the Mac!
To a bad dancer even balls hinder movement.
To a bad dancer even balls hinder movement.

rtdgoldfish
Apr 3, 09:40 PM
The pawn records and the name on the lease should have pointed them onward, since he is likely to keep pawning crap at his new place.
But your stuff is probably his toy until he gets tired of it, or has already been sold.
Or the son of the lady who is there did it, and had already sold the box to a friend.
Especially odd if she admits to have lived there since January 1st.
Two scumbags in a row at the same house isn't too far out of the question if the homeowner rents to the same pool of people.
It kinda sucks because I thought I knew most of the people in the neighborhood. The few houses that I don't know are the "sumbags".
And I am guessing that someone new has my 360, it has been online way more frequently than before however they still haven't played a game.
But your stuff is probably his toy until he gets tired of it, or has already been sold.
Or the son of the lady who is there did it, and had already sold the box to a friend.
Especially odd if she admits to have lived there since January 1st.
Two scumbags in a row at the same house isn't too far out of the question if the homeowner rents to the same pool of people.
It kinda sucks because I thought I knew most of the people in the neighborhood. The few houses that I don't know are the "sumbags".
And I am guessing that someone new has my 360, it has been online way more frequently than before however they still haven't played a game.
CalBoy
Apr 25, 05:21 PM
That's not fair. It's not the company's fault. It's called individual responsibilities and these employees should be fired.
It's perfectly fair. McDonalds gets the fruits of it's employees' labor if they do a superior job, so McDonalds should have to pay for their employees' screw-ups if they are work-related. The legal doctrine that expresses this is called respondeat superior.
The employees that were involved in this didn't commit any personal torts against the transgender lady, but they didn't do their jobs properly. McDonalds is (and should be) on the hook for this.
The video was hard to watch and saddens me more because a double minority (a black woman) should know better. The irony of this beating should be lost on no one.
It's perfectly fair. McDonalds gets the fruits of it's employees' labor if they do a superior job, so McDonalds should have to pay for their employees' screw-ups if they are work-related. The legal doctrine that expresses this is called respondeat superior.
The employees that were involved in this didn't commit any personal torts against the transgender lady, but they didn't do their jobs properly. McDonalds is (and should be) on the hook for this.
The video was hard to watch and saddens me more because a double minority (a black woman) should know better. The irony of this beating should be lost on no one.
gravytrain84
Mar 17, 11:38 AM
Congrats
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l178/akg0186/6686a935.png
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l178/akg0186/6686a935.png
more...
Earendil
Sep 25, 05:14 PM
*yawn* This is like as if MS made a press event only to announce a .1 update to IE. :confused:
WTF is so damn important about a .5 update of Aperture? If it's anything like iPhoto that's one program I wouldn't be spending $500 or whataever on. :D
All except for a few itsy bitsy tiny details.
A: Apple didn't create the event, It is a photography event put on by someone else.
B: Do we know that all they did was get on stage and say "hey, we updated, this is what it does new! bye!". I'm betting more on the fact that they showed of Aperature to a bunch of Photographers at a Photography event and mentioned that they just updated it with all this new stuff. Announcing the fact that you update software if you're trying to sell/promote a product, is a good idea.
C: If you didn't pay the money to go to this event, and you aren't a professional Photographer, and if you think it's anything like iPhoto, than this product is NOT FOR YOU. Apple doesn't make products that everyone and their dog will use. They do happen to make a few that only a select group of professionals will use :\
This is like people whining about Apple getting up on stage and talking about updates to xCode at WWDC, it's a freaking developers conference!
WTF is so damn important about a .5 update of Aperture? If it's anything like iPhoto that's one program I wouldn't be spending $500 or whataever on. :D
All except for a few itsy bitsy tiny details.
A: Apple didn't create the event, It is a photography event put on by someone else.
B: Do we know that all they did was get on stage and say "hey, we updated, this is what it does new! bye!". I'm betting more on the fact that they showed of Aperature to a bunch of Photographers at a Photography event and mentioned that they just updated it with all this new stuff. Announcing the fact that you update software if you're trying to sell/promote a product, is a good idea.
C: If you didn't pay the money to go to this event, and you aren't a professional Photographer, and if you think it's anything like iPhoto, than this product is NOT FOR YOU. Apple doesn't make products that everyone and their dog will use. They do happen to make a few that only a select group of professionals will use :\
This is like people whining about Apple getting up on stage and talking about updates to xCode at WWDC, it's a freaking developers conference!

Ommid
Apr 25, 11:55 AM
Looks good, I've been holding out since my first-gen iPhone.
...hopefully we'll see a Summer or Fall release? :)
Wow! You're patient!
...hopefully we'll see a Summer or Fall release? :)
Wow! You're patient!
more...

SkippyThorson
Apr 15, 12:41 PM
Is it just me, or is the writing on the 3rd photo a bit skewed, or rotated in an odd way?
You're entirely right, it does. It makes sense that the awkward image is the oldest too, since that was the earliest image. The other ones are a bit better because they obviously took time. The angles however on the back of the device, going from the middle out to the corners, are just awkward though.
I don't see how they would go back to angles after touting the more curved and comfortable 3G / 3GS back. There was a big focus on how much more comfortable the new iPhone was to hold compared to the first.
Regardless of the validity, I personally think the chances are very high for a unibody type iPhone, it only makes sense. Apple did a unibody macbook (plastic). Its Apple, everything standardizes and is consistent, otherwise Steve's head will explode.
You could be right too, especially that last line. Things are almost always uniform. However, when the iPod Classic went to metal, and the iPhone went to plastic, that was an unexpected switch. The iPhone has never really been "in line".
You're entirely right, it does. It makes sense that the awkward image is the oldest too, since that was the earliest image. The other ones are a bit better because they obviously took time. The angles however on the back of the device, going from the middle out to the corners, are just awkward though.
I don't see how they would go back to angles after touting the more curved and comfortable 3G / 3GS back. There was a big focus on how much more comfortable the new iPhone was to hold compared to the first.
Regardless of the validity, I personally think the chances are very high for a unibody type iPhone, it only makes sense. Apple did a unibody macbook (plastic). Its Apple, everything standardizes and is consistent, otherwise Steve's head will explode.
You could be right too, especially that last line. Things are almost always uniform. However, when the iPod Classic went to metal, and the iPhone went to plastic, that was an unexpected switch. The iPhone has never really been "in line".
phil83
Jan 10, 03:23 PM
I agree that was pretty stupid thing to do, maybe at home for fun, but not a the worlds largest electronic trade show.
more...
mrploddy
Nov 24, 12:22 PM
Wheres the topic for the UK sale ????
I've had an email from Apple for a sale on Friday 1st December 2006 for the UK
Let the speculation begin, same discounts or different ? O_O
-mrploddy
I've had an email from Apple for a sale on Friday 1st December 2006 for the UK
Let the speculation begin, same discounts or different ? O_O
-mrploddy
Knox
Jan 5, 03:24 PM
I wish they at least did that still. I mean, they offer a streaming video after the event, is it really so much more expensive to to offer it live?
Although the data transferred may be the same or more with on-demand streams, when it's live there will be much higher simultaneous usage. With high-end hosting in general, simultaneous usage is the killer and not really total bandwidth usage. With the popularity of Apple these days the number of simultaneous streams could be extremely high (I mean, if MacRumors gets 100,000 visitors simultaneously think what Apple would get themselves).
Although the data transferred may be the same or more with on-demand streams, when it's live there will be much higher simultaneous usage. With high-end hosting in general, simultaneous usage is the killer and not really total bandwidth usage. With the popularity of Apple these days the number of simultaneous streams could be extremely high (I mean, if MacRumors gets 100,000 visitors simultaneously think what Apple would get themselves).
more...
Shasterball
Oct 6, 10:20 AM
Hey. Good for them.
An even BETTER commercial would focus on the fact that AT&T service is slow and drops out even where there IS coverage.
Maybe that'll be their next ad.
Except Verizon does that too!!!!
An even BETTER commercial would focus on the fact that AT&T service is slow and drops out even where there IS coverage.
Maybe that'll be their next ad.
Except Verizon does that too!!!!

blahblah100
Oct 7, 06:34 PM
Except Verizon does that too!!!!
About 2 months ago I paid an early termination fee and gave up my iPhone because of the dropped calls. I have a Blackberry on Verizon, and consume about 800 minutes a month (peak times, not nights and weekends) and close to 200MB of bandwidth.
I have not had a single dropped call. I can also finally browse the web without Safari crashing all the time.
About 2 months ago I paid an early termination fee and gave up my iPhone because of the dropped calls. I have a Blackberry on Verizon, and consume about 800 minutes a month (peak times, not nights and weekends) and close to 200MB of bandwidth.
I have not had a single dropped call. I can also finally browse the web without Safari crashing all the time.
more...
Rocketman
Jul 21, 12:49 PM
I want someone to make a utility that replaces the improved bar display and algorithm with a randomized display and algorithm. That way you stop looking for bars to make your life better and just make the damn call and see if it goes through or not. Pass/fail.
Ignorance is bliss. Sometimes.
Maybe Apple could make that an Easter Egg. Those were the days, when Easter Eggs were common. Fun times.
Rocketman
Ignorance is bliss. Sometimes.
Maybe Apple could make that an Easter Egg. Those were the days, when Easter Eggs were common. Fun times.
Rocketman
MrSmith
Mar 28, 07:01 PM
Gasoline used to cost .25 a gallon. :rolleyes:
*Bang*
*Pain in foot*
*Bang*
*Pain in foot*
more...
QuarterSwede
Apr 25, 01:30 PM
The first picture is fake, that's beyond the question. Look at the iCal icon � it's much too wide. From this angle, it should be rather taller than wider. The other icons look out of shape too.
I don't see it. Holding my iPhone at nearly the same angle and about the same distance they look identical.
I don't see it. Holding my iPhone at nearly the same angle and about the same distance they look identical.

applefan69
Mar 24, 04:27 PM
I never really liked OS X until 10.5.
GASP. your too picky, I fell in love with it at 10.3. Expose was a big thing in my opinion
GASP. your too picky, I fell in love with it at 10.3. Expose was a big thing in my opinion
more...
valdore
Jan 12, 06:30 PM
One could also say that Google never came up with anything truly original; they just took existing concepts and improved them, then released them under their own name.
MacRumors
Nov 23, 04:14 PM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)
On November 24th Apple will be holding their annual Day After Thanksgiving sale (U.S. only) which is a one day event. What's notable about this event is that Apple rarely discounts their products, normally strictly following their manufactuer suggested retail prices. That being said, once sales tax and/or shipping costs and factored in, individual customers may still do better when purchasing from other online retailers.
Like last year (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=1934318&postcount=69), Apple will only be offering savings on specific products. A preliminary list available at this time reveals the following sales:
$11 off of iPods and iPod nanos
$20 off of Adobe Elements
$69 for .Mac
Unspecified discounts on the MacBook and Shure headphones
Final prices and offers will be posted when made available. The sale will be offered at their retail stores as well as the online Apple Store.
On November 24th Apple will be holding their annual Day After Thanksgiving sale (U.S. only) which is a one day event. What's notable about this event is that Apple rarely discounts their products, normally strictly following their manufactuer suggested retail prices. That being said, once sales tax and/or shipping costs and factored in, individual customers may still do better when purchasing from other online retailers.
Like last year (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=1934318&postcount=69), Apple will only be offering savings on specific products. A preliminary list available at this time reveals the following sales:
$11 off of iPods and iPod nanos
$20 off of Adobe Elements
$69 for .Mac
Unspecified discounts on the MacBook and Shure headphones
Final prices and offers will be posted when made available. The sale will be offered at their retail stores as well as the online Apple Store.
quagmire
Nov 14, 10:37 PM
Actually a crappy story is held against many movies, tv shows, books, and etc. That's why we call them crappy and they fail. Case in recent point, the drubbing that Skyline is getting, besides it's spectacular trailer. It looks good, but it came in fourth in movies this week, and word of mouth may make that as high as it goes. The complaint? Weak stories, characters, and a truly stupid & frustrating ending.
Like I said, most movies, tv show, etc has some sort of ridiculous illogical event going on to move the storyline along. Just as long as it isn't so ridiculous, they can get away with it. I don't think MW2 storyline had anything that was that ridiculous to make it bad.
I pity anyone trying to figure MW2's story that hasn't played the original MW. I admit I was surprised to find out that MW2's story had something to do with the first one. Not because it was a clever plot twist, but because it was pulled out of thin air. There was no fore shadowing allowing the player a chance to figure things out, as usual stories do, it was just BAM!
Why were you surprised? Black Ops was just a continuation of WaW with a focus on the Cold War this time. Why is it ridiculous to think MW2 would be tied to MW's storyline?
The first MW was more stream lined with only two storylines, eventually dovetailing into one. Things were easier to follow, and the moments far more memorable. That race thru the tilted ship, the crawling thru the grass by the Russian army, holding them off later by yourself, and that final car chase were truly memorable moments. MW2 and now Black Ops are just one forgettable blur, that I only recall the trudging thru, not the fascination of what I saw.
MW2 will be remembered for me at least because of the vivid battle scenes in DC since I am from the DC area and constantly passed by the buildings you see in the game. Then you have No Russian because of the shock of what that mission "made" you do( A) They gave you the option to skip it B) You didn't have to shoot to pass the mission).
Like I said, most movies, tv show, etc has some sort of ridiculous illogical event going on to move the storyline along. Just as long as it isn't so ridiculous, they can get away with it. I don't think MW2 storyline had anything that was that ridiculous to make it bad.
I pity anyone trying to figure MW2's story that hasn't played the original MW. I admit I was surprised to find out that MW2's story had something to do with the first one. Not because it was a clever plot twist, but because it was pulled out of thin air. There was no fore shadowing allowing the player a chance to figure things out, as usual stories do, it was just BAM!
Why were you surprised? Black Ops was just a continuation of WaW with a focus on the Cold War this time. Why is it ridiculous to think MW2 would be tied to MW's storyline?
The first MW was more stream lined with only two storylines, eventually dovetailing into one. Things were easier to follow, and the moments far more memorable. That race thru the tilted ship, the crawling thru the grass by the Russian army, holding them off later by yourself, and that final car chase were truly memorable moments. MW2 and now Black Ops are just one forgettable blur, that I only recall the trudging thru, not the fascination of what I saw.
MW2 will be remembered for me at least because of the vivid battle scenes in DC since I am from the DC area and constantly passed by the buildings you see in the game. Then you have No Russian because of the shock of what that mission "made" you do( A) They gave you the option to skip it B) You didn't have to shoot to pass the mission).
rtdgoldfish
Mar 24, 12:44 AM
Does anyone out there know where Connect360 saves its log to?? I have the setting enabled for "Detailed Logging (Debug Mode)" turned on but I can't seem to find where it is located on my HD. This would really be helpful since I am not sitting at my laptop 24/7 waiting for this idiot to connect to my network.
Thanks!
Thanks!
mrkgoo
Jan 12, 04:21 PM
C'mon...this is the CEO of Apple presenting at Macworld. He was hardly going to be subdued, not with a bunch of fanboys and shareholders present.
Anyway, I saw most of the iPhone stuff as excitement rather than arrogance. It's a reason I believe the ApplTV was 'previewed' last year, so all focus could be on the iPhone. I think Steve was genuinely excited to present it to us.
However, I do think that the pie charts explainingthe market share of Zune is a bit underhanded. If Microsft did the same thing with market share for OS, it'd be the same. 2% market share is pretty damned good for Zune, considering competition in the market - any other mp3 player would love to get that kind of market share. I'd prefer it if Apple focused more on selling theri own products in this regard, than downplaying others.
Anyway, I saw most of the iPhone stuff as excitement rather than arrogance. It's a reason I believe the ApplTV was 'previewed' last year, so all focus could be on the iPhone. I think Steve was genuinely excited to present it to us.
However, I do think that the pie charts explainingthe market share of Zune is a bit underhanded. If Microsft did the same thing with market share for OS, it'd be the same. 2% market share is pretty damned good for Zune, considering competition in the market - any other mp3 player would love to get that kind of market share. I'd prefer it if Apple focused more on selling theri own products in this regard, than downplaying others.
iZac
Mar 28, 05:08 PM
That is so crazy it's ridiculous. There is no evidence to support your statement. Mac OS X is not headed towards the "walled garden" universe that everyone seems to freak out over. Apple's just giving people who don't know anything about computers an easy way to purchase and find applications.
I do agree, however, that by not including applications outside of the Mac App Store Apple is diminishing the value of the award. I believe it is within their right to do so, although I don't like it.
Oh certainly they won't lock OSX down in the near future but it is a clear shun for any developer that doesn't want to play in their sandbox and take a 30% hit for the privilege.
Then again, we didn't have any sort of 'App store' 3 years ago. I'd say that's a pretty rapid pace for a big change in the way people are buying applications.
I do agree, however, that by not including applications outside of the Mac App Store Apple is diminishing the value of the award. I believe it is within their right to do so, although I don't like it.
Oh certainly they won't lock OSX down in the near future but it is a clear shun for any developer that doesn't want to play in their sandbox and take a 30% hit for the privilege.
Then again, we didn't have any sort of 'App store' 3 years ago. I'd say that's a pretty rapid pace for a big change in the way people are buying applications.
Bonte
Oct 28, 04:49 PM
Apple will need to open up osX to generic PC's but i can understand they'll want to wait until the Mac growth is stalling. Maybe at about 10% marketshare ?
killuminati
Sep 7, 10:34 PM
I think that if you don't like Kanye West because he's got a "gangster" attitude, then you haven't really listened to anything he says in his songs.
But that's not at all Kanye. He is not at all ganster rap like 50 cent, the game etc. He is more political rap and I honestly don't think of him as one of the artists with a huge ego.
I think he was so out of place playing there, I have no flipping idea what Steve was thinking. It must have been so awkward for him.
Oh and I pre-ordered Late Reg. from iTunes. It's a pretty good album but can't match up to College Dropout.
But that's not at all Kanye. He is not at all ganster rap like 50 cent, the game etc. He is more political rap and I honestly don't think of him as one of the artists with a huge ego.
I think he was so out of place playing there, I have no flipping idea what Steve was thinking. It must have been so awkward for him.
Oh and I pre-ordered Late Reg. from iTunes. It's a pretty good album but can't match up to College Dropout.
No comments:
Post a Comment