iJawn108
Oct 3, 05:20 PM
Steve Jobs.... retiring?:eek:
I would honestly cry. And that makes me sound pathetic.
I don't think that will happen yet... but it sometime in the near future. :(
I would honestly cry. And that makes me sound pathetic.
I don't think that will happen yet... but it sometime in the near future. :(
ritmomundo
Mar 18, 05:18 PM
Then it should be pretty obvious that those comments can't be misinterpreted as compliments. Hell, I don't even understand why people make such a big deal out of what phone someone else has in the first place, thats why I made this thread, to see if I was the only one that experiences this. It seems that there are people that genuinely dislike Apple products and label anyone who purchases one as stuck up or a fanboy, which is so silly. This is my own personal experience and obviously doesn't apply to everyone.
I'm also struggling to grasp how anything in my posts can depict me as a 'fanboy'. This is in fact my first iPhone and the only other Apple product I've ever owned is my Macbook Pro. So I hardly think I'm a 'fanboy'. You seem to be jumping to conclusions.
Yes, they are not compliments, but just comments. You can't really call that harassment, which is what you said. Its fine that you enjoy your apple products, but when you start a thread called "so many people envy iphone 4 owners," and claim other smartphone users are jealous of you because they cant afford an iphone (when android/palm/win7 phones cost about the same), then it seems a bit more fanboy-ish and snobby. Just don't say things like "people say things to me about such and such, so they must be jealous of me."
True, however it's like watching two people with tiny peckers argue about who's is biggest ... in other words, it's pointless.
The iPhone users being overly enthusiastic does not give Android users the right to come on and literally, and this is exactly what the do, TELL the iPhone users that they are wrong, like it's factual. Having an opinion is one thing, but coming onto a forum created for a certain product and telling users of that product what their opinion SHOULD be, isn't on.
I have yet to see one Android forum with as big an influx of rabid iPhone users who come on to do nothing but argue and disagree, as there are Android users on here.
Now, I am fully aware and appreciative that there are Mac users who own Android devices. However, if someone states that the Retina Display (super dooper marketing name and all) is the best display of any smartphone (and I happen to think it is, but that's my own preference) then who the hell is anyone to openly quote and say they're WRONG?
You'd get a more mature argument from two toddlers sitting tossing sand at one another in a playbox.
I don't disagree with you.
I'm also struggling to grasp how anything in my posts can depict me as a 'fanboy'. This is in fact my first iPhone and the only other Apple product I've ever owned is my Macbook Pro. So I hardly think I'm a 'fanboy'. You seem to be jumping to conclusions.
Yes, they are not compliments, but just comments. You can't really call that harassment, which is what you said. Its fine that you enjoy your apple products, but when you start a thread called "so many people envy iphone 4 owners," and claim other smartphone users are jealous of you because they cant afford an iphone (when android/palm/win7 phones cost about the same), then it seems a bit more fanboy-ish and snobby. Just don't say things like "people say things to me about such and such, so they must be jealous of me."
True, however it's like watching two people with tiny peckers argue about who's is biggest ... in other words, it's pointless.
The iPhone users being overly enthusiastic does not give Android users the right to come on and literally, and this is exactly what the do, TELL the iPhone users that they are wrong, like it's factual. Having an opinion is one thing, but coming onto a forum created for a certain product and telling users of that product what their opinion SHOULD be, isn't on.
I have yet to see one Android forum with as big an influx of rabid iPhone users who come on to do nothing but argue and disagree, as there are Android users on here.
Now, I am fully aware and appreciative that there are Mac users who own Android devices. However, if someone states that the Retina Display (super dooper marketing name and all) is the best display of any smartphone (and I happen to think it is, but that's my own preference) then who the hell is anyone to openly quote and say they're WRONG?
You'd get a more mature argument from two toddlers sitting tossing sand at one another in a playbox.
I don't disagree with you.
RMo
Apr 5, 08:43 PM
they should allow users to like or dislike iAds to help cater the iAds that are sent to the user :cool:
Read the description: "...lets you tag your favorites to a Loved section that�s all your own."
You can't "dislike" them and it doesn't say what they're doing with the "loved" section other than saving it for your personal viewing pleasure, but I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually catered to your preferences using something like this.
Read the description: "...lets you tag your favorites to a Loved section that�s all your own."
You can't "dislike" them and it doesn't say what they're doing with the "loved" section other than saving it for your personal viewing pleasure, but I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually catered to your preferences using something like this.
Sounds Good
Apr 21, 09:23 PM
When is Windows 8 due out?
more...
pmhacker
Apr 29, 09:47 PM
I hate the changes. I actually liked the slider. Graphically it was much nicer and obviously would work better with a future touch screen.
I wish they would have gotten rid of that horrible faux leather top on ical.
I wish they would have gotten rid of that horrible faux leather top on ical.
flopticalcube
Nov 27, 05:48 PM
Sale Day MB 2/120 now shipping! :)
Shipment exception. :(
C'est la vie.
Shipment exception. :(
C'est la vie.
more...
hob
Nov 16, 07:44 AM
The Register reports (http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/11/16/apple_amd_laptop_claim/) that Apple may be developing an AMD based solution, although details are very sketchy at this moment in time.
As they say, Core 2 Duo still has the lead, but there is the fact that AMD just bought ATI... Apple may prefer to get more bits from one supplier...
Hob
As they say, Core 2 Duo still has the lead, but there is the fact that AMD just bought ATI... Apple may prefer to get more bits from one supplier...
Hob
AndroidfoLife
Apr 16, 04:35 PM
20gigs of free storage if you purchase a single album?
Purchase an MP3 album from the Amazon MP3 Store by 11:59 PM PST on December 31, 2011.
If you qualify for this offer and either have not signed up for Amazon Cloud Drive or have the 5GB Amazon Cloud Drive plan, you will be automatically eligible for the 20 GB plan for one year from the date of your MP3 album purchase. Unless you set your account to auto-renew to a paid plan, the 20 GB plan will revert to a free plan one year from the date of your MP3 album purchase.
If your Amazon Cloud Drive account is already at 20 GB or higher when you qualify for this offer, the offer will be saved to your account as a $20 credit toward any future Amazon Cloud Drive plan fees you may incur at the time your plan renews or at the time you upgrade your plan. If you elect to downgrade your plan to a free plan at the time of renewal, your upgrade offer will be applied towards the 20 GB plan at that time.
Note: Once we process your order, which could take up to 3 hours, your promotion will be applied and you will receive email notification that your Cloud Drive storage plan has been updated..
Note: This promotional offer limited to one promotional credit per customer.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000667531
My question was WHY.
Purchase an MP3 album from the Amazon MP3 Store by 11:59 PM PST on December 31, 2011.
If you qualify for this offer and either have not signed up for Amazon Cloud Drive or have the 5GB Amazon Cloud Drive plan, you will be automatically eligible for the 20 GB plan for one year from the date of your MP3 album purchase. Unless you set your account to auto-renew to a paid plan, the 20 GB plan will revert to a free plan one year from the date of your MP3 album purchase.
If your Amazon Cloud Drive account is already at 20 GB or higher when you qualify for this offer, the offer will be saved to your account as a $20 credit toward any future Amazon Cloud Drive plan fees you may incur at the time your plan renews or at the time you upgrade your plan. If you elect to downgrade your plan to a free plan at the time of renewal, your upgrade offer will be applied towards the 20 GB plan at that time.
Note: Once we process your order, which could take up to 3 hours, your promotion will be applied and you will receive email notification that your Cloud Drive storage plan has been updated..
Note: This promotional offer limited to one promotional credit per customer.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000667531
My question was WHY.
more...
maclaptop
Apr 17, 01:10 PM
Google needs to get their **** together if they want to keep competing. Everyone I know that has an Android carries around an iPod too.
Microsoft has Zune, and it's WP7 phones and Apple has iTunes. Google has to rely on Amazon, and even then the Android MP3 App is by far the worst of the 3.
And the point of your post is?
Microsoft has Zune, and it's WP7 phones and Apple has iTunes. Google has to rely on Amazon, and even then the Android MP3 App is by far the worst of the 3.
And the point of your post is?
WestonHarvey1
Jul 21, 11:13 AM
- The call loss issue is 1/100 or less, worse for the new 4 model than the prior 3GS model.
This is key. If the iPhone 4 isn't dropping calls any more often than the 3GS, then there is no real issue at all. Either almost no one is dropping additional calls because of the antenna, or if the issue is more widespread, it is made up for by antenna performance improvements elsewhere. The net result? Same performance as 3GS which no one complained about.
You can either accept that or accuse AT&T and Apple of faking that 1/100 number, in which case your argument is standing in the tinfoil hat section.
This is key. If the iPhone 4 isn't dropping calls any more often than the 3GS, then there is no real issue at all. Either almost no one is dropping additional calls because of the antenna, or if the issue is more widespread, it is made up for by antenna performance improvements elsewhere. The net result? Same performance as 3GS which no one complained about.
You can either accept that or accuse AT&T and Apple of faking that 1/100 number, in which case your argument is standing in the tinfoil hat section.
more...
twoodcc
Apr 5, 06:24 PM
Yeah you do have a point about the heat. It's been folding good lately, so I might get a little bonus on this unit. We'll see
belovedmonster
Jan 5, 06:15 PM
If it was live you wouldnt get all the split screen editing etc. It would be quite a linear and boring presentation.
Editing the feed can give emphasis to certain aspects and also cut out anything that goes wrong.
Havent you ever seen live TV? Doing Picture in Picture effects (split screen) is nothing that cant be done with a simple press of a button at the mixing desk and doesn't represent any problem for live broadcasts what so ever. In fact, actually editing those effects in afterwards would require way more work than just doing it live on the fly. No one in their right mind would do it after the event if they didn't have to.
Editing the feed can give emphasis to certain aspects and also cut out anything that goes wrong.
Havent you ever seen live TV? Doing Picture in Picture effects (split screen) is nothing that cant be done with a simple press of a button at the mixing desk and doesn't represent any problem for live broadcasts what so ever. In fact, actually editing those effects in afterwards would require way more work than just doing it live on the fly. No one in their right mind would do it after the event if they didn't have to.
more...
mrsir2009
Apr 24, 03:27 PM
One thing I willask about all of this children/peadophile spin is why are these theoretical parents putting their children at risk giving their children such "connected" devices?
It's simply asking for trouble.
Little children that are at risk to that sort of thing shouldn't have cellphones, let alone iPhones or their own computers :eek:
It's simply asking for trouble.
Little children that are at risk to that sort of thing shouldn't have cellphones, let alone iPhones or their own computers :eek:
SevenInchScrew
Nov 6, 12:46 PM
I'm getting the 360 version. I'm really excited for this. I played MW2 quite a lot, but over time, I got more and more frustrated with it. But reading about Black Ops, it seems like Treyarch have changed or fixed a lot of the things that many people had issue with...
more...

Stefani ofcourse took

Previous Next. Gwen on stage
more...

harajuku gwen stefani clothing

Gwen Stefani#39;s clothing
more...
Chundles
Sep 12, 03:27 AM
what time is it in the Gong now?
6:26pm Tuesday 12th September.
6:26pm Tuesday 12th September.
raster
Mar 24, 05:09 PM
My Mac Geek Friend, Dylan's B-day is today too...
What a coincidence...
What a coincidence...
more...

LastLine
Sep 12, 07:54 AM
Fully agree! If this is an update to globally release movies and tv shows all I have to say is FINALLY
If it's not... Apple are letting down anyone outside America once again with another America-centered update :/
Yeah, it's a real bad business model really in that sense,.
If it's not... Apple are letting down anyone outside America once again with another America-centered update :/
Yeah, it's a real bad business model really in that sense,.
spazzcat
May 2, 12:18 PM
Exactly.

Gwen Stefani Hangs With Her
baryon
Sep 29, 07:45 AM
This is exactly the kind of dream house I'd want! Quite big but not too big to loose control over it. Everything makes sense in it and there's nothing unnecessary. I wonder what it would look like on the inside, colors, tables, walls, floor, lights and all that.
sarcosis
Nov 13, 01:50 PM
I'm happy with Black Ops so far. Let me say this though, i have not touched the Single Player and have only played like 10 minutes of Zombies. So this is from a multi-player perspective.
Pros:
Good Map Variety - I think the maps are well designed. They have a few good places where snipers could actually hide and do their thing. In MW2, good luck finding a hole to crawl into. Generally it was shoot and move.
Points System- I like the points system. It let's me get my gear the way I want it quicker. That helps with my KD Ratio.
Balance - I think this is more balanced than MW2. It gives new players a chance to get in the game while giving experienced players a nicer challenge. No more getting screwed quite as much if you wern't the fastest.
Cons:
Connectivity - I find it very laggy at times. Perhaps that's due to initial server load, but someone needs to fix this
Graphics: While it's Ok, the fire animation is.....
Stupid Killstreaks: Yeah, RC Car, I'm looking at you.
Pros:
Good Map Variety - I think the maps are well designed. They have a few good places where snipers could actually hide and do their thing. In MW2, good luck finding a hole to crawl into. Generally it was shoot and move.
Points System- I like the points system. It let's me get my gear the way I want it quicker. That helps with my KD Ratio.
Balance - I think this is more balanced than MW2. It gives new players a chance to get in the game while giving experienced players a nicer challenge. No more getting screwed quite as much if you wern't the fastest.
Cons:
Connectivity - I find it very laggy at times. Perhaps that's due to initial server load, but someone needs to fix this
Graphics: While it's Ok, the fire animation is.....
Stupid Killstreaks: Yeah, RC Car, I'm looking at you.
arn
Apr 21, 10:44 PM
Perhaps a "Relevant" button then.
I guess leaving it as a +1 button is pretty much the same thing without using a word.
*shrug*
I just think it may be more troublesome than helpful to have a -1 button. If someone disagrees with a post, they usually respond with an argument. If they agree, unless they have something to add, hitting the +1 button would work, and it would clear up the "Agreed" and "+1" posts.
Well, some places limit the ability to downvote for higher level accounts. Like those who have been around or gained a certain amount of reputation. While others have no downvote ability at all.
arn
I guess leaving it as a +1 button is pretty much the same thing without using a word.
*shrug*
I just think it may be more troublesome than helpful to have a -1 button. If someone disagrees with a post, they usually respond with an argument. If they agree, unless they have something to add, hitting the +1 button would work, and it would clear up the "Agreed" and "+1" posts.
Well, some places limit the ability to downvote for higher level accounts. Like those who have been around or gained a certain amount of reputation. While others have no downvote ability at all.
arn
iBug2
Apr 29, 08:30 PM
It'll only happen if people put up with it. The only way to voice your opinion sometimes in a capitalistic society is to simply walk away and not buy/put up with the offending product. I don't like Windows, but I wouldn't like the closed/app store only system on OSX proper either. Linux would be fine if they would standardize a few areas and get some commercial developers on-board (but a good part of that community doesn't like commercial anything).
No, it'll happen whether we like it or not. Because the industry is going to the iPad like dumbed down devices for every day use, and in 10-15 years those devices will be fast enough for all of us to do almost everything on them. And those devices work much better (actually every device works much better) with a closed App Store due to much less App issues compared to an open market. I can't remember how many times my parents managed to "break" their apps on their mac and call me and fix it for them on the phone. They can't do the same on an iPad as easily. That's the whole idea of a closed system and closed App store. Which is what it should be in the first place.
PC's aren't actually personal computers. PC's have been designed by engineers, for engineers. So the people who use PC's with zero issues, and solve all their problems themselves are almost as technically proficient as engineers at the moment. And they don't want this to be so. They want every day idiots (I don't like calling my own parents idiots, but when it comes to computers, they are), be able to use these things without any issues. And that's gonna happen with this new paradigm.
Cloud computing is gonna be huge in 15 years or so. After some point we won't have CPU's at all, all the computation will be done in cloud and we'll just have inputs at home, like a keyboard and mouse or touch, and a screen. Many things will change, and the closed app store will be the least of your worries by then.
No, it'll happen whether we like it or not. Because the industry is going to the iPad like dumbed down devices for every day use, and in 10-15 years those devices will be fast enough for all of us to do almost everything on them. And those devices work much better (actually every device works much better) with a closed App Store due to much less App issues compared to an open market. I can't remember how many times my parents managed to "break" their apps on their mac and call me and fix it for them on the phone. They can't do the same on an iPad as easily. That's the whole idea of a closed system and closed App store. Which is what it should be in the first place.
PC's aren't actually personal computers. PC's have been designed by engineers, for engineers. So the people who use PC's with zero issues, and solve all their problems themselves are almost as technically proficient as engineers at the moment. And they don't want this to be so. They want every day idiots (I don't like calling my own parents idiots, but when it comes to computers, they are), be able to use these things without any issues. And that's gonna happen with this new paradigm.
Cloud computing is gonna be huge in 15 years or so. After some point we won't have CPU's at all, all the computation will be done in cloud and we'll just have inputs at home, like a keyboard and mouse or touch, and a screen. Many things will change, and the closed app store will be the least of your worries by then.
dethmaShine
Apr 11, 08:01 AM
Actually its the other way around. Windows 7 has leap frogged apple in terms of functionality, UI and usability.
Apple needs to play catch up by adding some features to OSX.
What are those features?
What is that 'UI'?
What kind of usability?
Apple needs to play catch up by adding some features to OSX.
What are those features?
What is that 'UI'?
What kind of usability?
NebulaClash
Apr 29, 02:37 PM
Steve Jobs' "PC is a truck" analogy was perfect. What these people aren't getting is that most computer users aren't nerds and hackers, but they've been forced to drive trucks all these years when they'd really be a lot happier with a Honda Civic.
PCs are to be used for tasks a nerdy kid would get beat up for talking about in school. That's the test I use. Everything else is better suited to the post-PC world.
And if you can make the PCs friendlier by adding post-PC features for the less technical tasks, what's wrong with that? It's a better experience for non-techies that have to use PCs for one reason or another, and who ever said hackers don't want to use nicer consumer-level software?
Thank you for reminding me of that analogy. It really is a good one, and your points are excellent. Nobody complains when pickup trucks and tractors get cushy seats and high-end sound systems, but add an app store to OS X and people are ready to jump to Windows! Silly.
Folks, there will ALWAYS be professional level PCs for you to do with whatever you wish. The hackers and geeks will have their hardware. That will NEVER end.
But as this post-PC era expands the market for computing devices, there are a lot of people who will be regularly using a computer who never did before, and they won't think of them as computers but just handy tools.
Every time there is this era change, the previous experts get all worried about losing their status as high priests of the current order. Too bad. The world moves on. And maybe one day I'll live long enough to see what comes after the Tablet era. But one thing I know will happen at that time: MacRumors posters whining and moaning about Apple ignoring their beloved iOS devices for this new thing that "isn't really a tablet!"
PCs are to be used for tasks a nerdy kid would get beat up for talking about in school. That's the test I use. Everything else is better suited to the post-PC world.
And if you can make the PCs friendlier by adding post-PC features for the less technical tasks, what's wrong with that? It's a better experience for non-techies that have to use PCs for one reason or another, and who ever said hackers don't want to use nicer consumer-level software?
Thank you for reminding me of that analogy. It really is a good one, and your points are excellent. Nobody complains when pickup trucks and tractors get cushy seats and high-end sound systems, but add an app store to OS X and people are ready to jump to Windows! Silly.
Folks, there will ALWAYS be professional level PCs for you to do with whatever you wish. The hackers and geeks will have their hardware. That will NEVER end.
But as this post-PC era expands the market for computing devices, there are a lot of people who will be regularly using a computer who never did before, and they won't think of them as computers but just handy tools.
Every time there is this era change, the previous experts get all worried about losing their status as high priests of the current order. Too bad. The world moves on. And maybe one day I'll live long enough to see what comes after the Tablet era. But one thing I know will happen at that time: MacRumors posters whining and moaning about Apple ignoring their beloved iOS devices for this new thing that "isn't really a tablet!"
No comments:
Post a Comment